Building a business often takes years and tons of hard work. Finding or cultivating skilled, dedicated employees takes even more hard work, and having good ones can have an exponential impact on your success. But your employees aren’t robots–they have their own lives with stress and anxiety that can hinder their productivity. This includes financial difficulties, and that’s where my employee financial wellness programs come in.
The data on this is clear: financial stress at home impacts performance on the job. Here are a few key points that show the true nature of the problem.
- Financial stress at home leads to nearly half a trillion dollars in lost productivity every single year.
- Nearly 70% of employees experience significant financial stress at home.
- Financially-stressed employees lose between 23 and 31 days of productive work days per year. They are also over twice as likely to look for a new job as are financially-stable employees.
- Mental and physical health detriments result from financial stress, which can include:
- Being 3.4x more likely to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and 4x more likely to suffer from depression.
- Being 5.8x more likely to be unable to finish daily tasks, and 4.9x more likely to have a lower quality of work.
- Being 8x more likely to have difficulty sleeping, leading to a loss of focus during the work day.
- Being 4.5x more likely to have poor relationships with coworkers.
The list can go on and on about the negative effects of a financially-stressed workforce. Yet while nearly 95% of employers have some retirement plan in place, just 35% offer employee financial wellness programs, such as financial coaching. Nearly three-fourths have not added any new wellness benefit since COVID-19 and the ensuing shutdowns hit in March 2020.
How Employee Financial Wellness Programs Can Help
An employee financial wellness program is different than the financial institution that administers your 401(k) plan. This type of benefit is a way to empower your workforce to make better financial decisions and achieve financial freedom.
Your employees will receive detailed guidance in the foundations of financial literacy from me as an experienced financial coach.
What’s in the Program
There are two standard components to my financial wellness program for employers: workshops and individual financial coaching.
The workshops cover personal finance in a comprehensive manner. Topics include budgeting, paying off debt, insurance, retirement planning, paying for college, and more.
The workshop presentations span four sessions that will last approximately one hour. These workshops can be custom-made as well, if you want certain topics covered more than others, or if you want a shorter or longer timeframe.
Individual financial coaching is the main component that will make a difference for your workforce. Your employees work with me on a monthly basis to create the structure for success. We will create a plan together and I will provide support and accountability as they walk the path to financial freedom.
Program Benefits for You, the Business Owner
Imagine never having another employee ask for an advance on their pay, taking out a 401(k) loan, or even cashing out their 401(k) early to pay the bills. What if your employees were fully engaged on the job instead of having mental space occupied by the financial stress at home?
My employee financial wellness program offers you that solution. By making an investment in the wellness of your workforce, you will accomplish three main things.
- Show your employees that you care. All of the people that work for you have their own hopes, dreams, struggles, and obstacles. By offering them a means of handling their salaries effectively, you show them that you want their whole family to be fully well. In turn, your employees will care for your business because you have taken care of them.
- Nurture a more engaged and productive workforce. This means your business will become far more profitable. By having fewer financially-stressed employees, there will be fewer sick days taken. When employees come to work, they are more engaged and have a greater capacity to take on new projects to get the revenue coming in. Their success at home means success for your business.
- Attract and retain new talent. Compensation alone is no longer sufficient to have the best workforce. In the days of the Great Resignation, prospective employees want to know they are truly valued where they work. Having an employee financial wellness program offers applicants an attractive benefit that encompasses more than just salary, but also the guidance to use it effectively.
Free Your Workforce from Financial Stress
Don’t allow employee financial stress to weigh down your profitability. Help them become more holistically well by providing my program as an employment benefit.
By investing in them with this financial wellness program, you will see your workforce become more productive, engaged, and confident.
Book your free Wellness Program Consult to take your workforce and business to a new level!